Each year, West Columbia area elementary schools hold a “What Christmas Means to Me” contest. The top three student entries are displayed on the Art on State wall, in West Columbia’s Interactive Art Park, for the entire holiday season. Stop by to check out the Art on State Wall, as well as the other Interactive Art pieces, and take your picture with the beautiful artwork. This year’s artwork winners are as follows:
- 1st Place: Jordan Pompey – East Point Academy – 5th Grade
- 2nd Place: Fynley Coker – Saluda River Academy for the Arts – 4th Grade
- 3rd Place: Sophia Edwards – Saluda River Academy for the Arts – 5th Grade
Santa’s Mailbox at Carraway Park
The City of West Columbia has a new mailbox! Santa’s Mailbox is located at Carraway Park, 212 Hudson Street, West Columbia, South Carolina, 29169. Children can drop their letters to Santa in the special mailbox until December 15, 2021, for a response by Christmas. The mailbox will accept letters through December 24, however, if a letter is placed in the box after December 15, a response from Santa might not make it back in time before Christmas Day. All information can be found at www.westcolumbiasc.gov/santasmailbox.
PARENTS/CAREGIVERS EYES ONLY
Please feel free to use the Letters to Santa templates available. One is in color and the other can be colored.
For a response from Santa, please use Santa’s stationery (attached below)
- To save paper, write on the back of your child’s letter. If you keep them together, your child will also be able to recall what he or she wrote.
- When responding as Santa, make the letter from Santa as personal as possible by highlighting your child’s accomplishments over the past year. For example, helping around the house, receiving good grades in a particular subject at school, or participating in community service activities. Make it special by responding to your child’s wish list or including information about your family, animals, or Elf on the Shelf.
- This is a great activity for the holidays that the whole family can enjoy, including parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and other caregivers.