This year’s Super Bowl is set for Sunday, Feb. 13. The big game will feature the Cincinnati Bengals representing the AFC and the Los Angeles Rams representing the NFC. It’s the biggest game of the football season. Super Bowl LVI is officially scheduled to kick off at 6:30 p.m. The game is being played at SoFi Stadium — home field of the Rams — in Los Angeles.
The stadium seats more than 70,000 football fans. If you’re looking for somewhere to watch the game in West Columbia, you can watch it at D’s Wings, at 415 Meeting Street. “Super Bowl Sunday is the only Sunday we are open,” said Scott Thurber. He and Billy Rentz own D’s Wings. Football and Ds Wings have been a good match.
D’s Wings opened in its new location in West Columbia in June. The restaurant moved from Parkland Plaza in Cayce to the site on the backside of State Street, beside the Interactive Art Park and Artisan Market. Since opening, Thurber said the West Community has been welcoming.
“It’s been good doing business here,” Thurber said. “We have had really good crowds in here for the college football season and we sold a lot of takeout orders for tailgaters and home football game viewing parties.”
Thurber said he expects to sell a lot of wings for home Super Bowl parties, too.
“We’ll have a lot of our customers come in and pick up orders and take them home to watch the game with their family and friends.”
But D’s Wings also has 16 televisions in the restaurant, so diners can come in and watch the big game and dine in at the same time.
Thurber said Teriyaki wings and lemon pepper wings are the biggest sellers for tailgaters. Other wing recipes include D’s dry rub and medium Buffalo. We also offer a Cajun wing,”Thurber said. “It’s the hottest. It’s called the suicide wing.”
Savage Craft Ale Works, 430 Center Street, celebrated its first year in business on Saturday, Jan. 29. It has become a favorite of many on Sunday afternoon. Super Bowl Sunday will also be a special day at Savage Craft. “We’re doing a special Super Bowl menu all day. We will not have our regular brunch,” said Victoria Porter, Savage Craft’s manager.
Savage Craft is also modifying its hours on Super Bowl Sunday to stay open through the conclusion of the game. So make your plans early to enjoy the Super Bowl in one of West Columbia’s favorite spots for food and drink.
List of West Columbia restaurants:
- Grecian Gardens Restaurant – 2312 Sunset Blvd – 803-794-7552
- Cafe Strudel – 300 State St. – (803) 794-6634
- Compton’s Kitchen – 1118 B Ave – 803 791-0750
- Parkland Cakes – 1220 C Ave. – (803) 791-4682
- Buttercream Dreams – 1230 C Ave. – (803) 708-4485
- Hite’s BBQ – 240 Dreher Rd. – (803) 794-4120
- The Original Brunches – 2245 Leaphart Rd – (803) 791-7477
- Jimmy’s Mini Mart/Citgo – 812 Meeting St. – (803) 794-0090
- Maurice’s Piggie Park – 1600 Charleston Highway – 803-796-0220J
- Nick’s House of Pizza Restaurant- 1082 A Sunset Blvd – 803-794-9240
- Bricks and Stones Pizza 3234 – Augusta Road – (803) 988-9898
- DeLuccas 1720 Sunset Blvd. – 803- 926-5255
- Ariana’s Greek Restaurant – 1720 Sunset Blvd. – (803) 796-4430
- Lizard’s Thicket – 2234 Sunset Blvd. 803 – 794-0923
- Jin Jin Chinese Restaurant – 469 Sunset Blvd. (803) 739-8888
- Chick-fil-A -2299 Augusta Rd. – (803) 939-1600
- Rush’s 2332 Sunset Blvd. – (803) 796-5034