NEWS

Autopsy reveals 10-year-old died of smoke inhalation

Lexington County Coroner Margaret Fisher has released the results of an autopsy performed on Thursday, on Miss Chloe Eve Doby, 10, of Lexington, who died as a result of a house fire in the 200 block of Golden Leaf Lane in Lexington on June 29. (Feature photo is a file photo)

Miss Doby died because of smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning related to a fire at the home. Miss Doby had been transported to the hospital and died shortly after her arrival.

The incident remains under investigation by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division and the Lexington County Sheriff’s Department.