For this weekend’s home openers for Lexington Two high schools, Airport’s varsity football team plays North Augusta, while Brookland-Cayce’s plays Strom Thurmond. Both games are scheduled for 7:30 p.m., Friday.
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the district is communicating specific requirements for athletic events where spectators will be attending.
The guidance comes from the SC High School League (SCHSL) and several local and state sources.
- All spectators, staff, athletes and others in attendance should stay home if they have a fever or feel sick.
- All spectators, staff, athletes and others in attendance must quarantine and stay home if they have tested positive for COVID-19 or are showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- All spectators, staff, athletes and others in attendance must quarantine, stay home and monitor their health if they have had close contact with a person who has symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Per state and local regulations amid COVID, Lexington Two will limit attendance at its athletic facilities to 50 percent of capacity. That count includes athletes, coaching staff, security and other personnel necessary to conduct the event.
- Seating will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please understand that once capacity is reached, we will no longer allow entry.
Personal Safety Requirements:
- All spectators, staff and others in attendance must wear a face mask. Please note that masks must be worn at all times regardless of social distancing or if the venue is outdoors. SCHSL permits the removal of masks for brief periods of time (i.e. eating and drinking, while social distancing practices are in place).
- All spectators must maintain 6 feet social distancing at all times during the event. Families and individuals who ride to the event together can sit together. However, 6 feet social distancing should be allotted from other individuals/groups.
- All spectators must be seated upon arrival. Adults, students and young children will be unable to roam stadiums or venues. Children will not be allowed to play on hills, in grassy areas or other open spaces.
- Spectators must enter/exit the venue using the entrances/exits designated for them.
- Home team spectators must remain on their side of the venue.
- Visiting team spectators must remain on their side of the venue.
- Any concessions available will be limited and packaged for safety.
- After the game, please promptly exit the venue. Remember that 6 feet of social distancing and a mask are required until attendees reach their vehicles. Spectators are not allowed on the field/court and should not gather inside or outside of the venue to wait for participants.