From Anna huffman- City of West Columbia Communications – The West Columbia Beautification Foundation has launched its Holiday Yard of the Month Competition to recognize residents who have gone above and beyond to decorate their homes for the season. Submissions are due on Friday, October 2.
• Submissions should include three to five photos submitted via Facebook Messenger (facebook.com/beautifywcolasc) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Submissions will be accepted from the public, city staff, or WCBF members
• Submission photos must be taken of the property that is visible from the street
• The same property can receive an award more than once in a calendar year, but it must be in a different category
• The property of all current residents of West Columbia, both owner-occupied and rental, are eligible to participate in the program
• The upkeep of the yard or decorations can reflect the effort of the resident or that of a professional landscaper or groundskeeper
• During the reign as Yard of the Month, winners are expected to maintain their yard in the same manner that allowed them to win the title
Full guidelines can be found on the Foundation website beautifywestcolumbia.org/yard-of-the-month.